We have given this excellent recipe a difficulty rating of 'easy', however, if you decide to combine with a back-to-back 60 mile run , 12000 ft climb and 160 mile sail then we suggest you increase difficulty rating to 'medium'.
|A partially consumed bowl of PJ Dahl|
|The Paps of Jura .. named after Rob's Dahl|
· 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
· 1 onion
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 1 inch (2.5 cm) fresh ginger, peeled and minced
· 1 serrano chili pepper (or similar), seeded and minced
· 1 teaspoon ground cumin
· 1 teaspoon garam masala
· ¼ teaspoon coriander
· 1 x 15oz (400g) can chopped tomatoes
· 1 x 15oz (400g) can coconut milk
· 1 cup red lentils
· 5oz (140g) baby spinach leaves
In a large stock pot or saucepan, heat the oil. Sauté the onion over medium heat until soft (5 min).Add the garlic, ginger. Serrano, cumin, garam masala and coriander. Cook until very fragrant (2 min). Add tomatoes, scraping any brown bits that may have collected in bottom of the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has reduced and the tomatoes softened (5 min).